Wednesday 20 June 2012

ABC Wednesday: W is for Wellington Street (Back of)


A view across the derelict land on Manchester Road from the gaps in the fence below the vandalised bus shelter (now fully repaired) I showed you last week.

I've already shown you the view looking across to Rhodes Street North.

This is looking the other way towards the top of Wellington Street, where if you check my post of May 2009 stood the Wellington Hotel.

It was demolished in December 2010 and now the house that adjoined has a new gable-end.

For more Ws visit ABC Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Hello.
    This is the second "Wellington" post I have read so far. I guess Wellington is a popular name in the UK. Fascinating photo! Thanks for sharing.

    The Warm Fingers Of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellington - always liked the word; sounds...important.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds big and rich hehehe.

    White Chocolate
    Rose, ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete