Tuesday 26 March 2013

Ripples on the Peak Forest Canal



The latest in my series of photographs of the Peak Forest Canal from the Manchester Road bridge was taken yesterday morning.

Whilst much of the UK was blanketed in snow, here we had only a few flakes but it was bitterly cold with an icy wind blowing. So strong was the wind that it was creating ripples in the normally calm surface of the canal.

On the left the construction work at the former Automasters site has moved nearer to the new housing estate. Whether they are landscaping the area or building some light commercial units, as they have done lower down Manchester round, I'm not sure. We will see no doubt in due course.

Previous views of the Peak Forest Canal from Manchester Road:
For Our World Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crisp and bright -- I could deal with a winter day like that! (But hope it warms up soon for you>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow. Quite a surprise, although, when I grew up in Manchester I can remember the icy cold mornings and frost everywhere but I can't recall waking up to snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful picture ! Great mean to measure time and life indeed. Please have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cool, clear look in contrast to that construction site.

    ReplyDelete